Our Family Law and Domestic Relations Practice Group provides legal assistance to clients in every aspect of these areas of the law from planning and counseling to litigation.
We craft, negotiate and prepare:
- Pre-Marital Agreements
- Non-Marital Cohabitation Agreements
- Post-Marital Contracts
- Other Separate Property and Community Property Agreements
Counseling and Litigation
If a marriage or domestic partnership fails we assist with legal separation, annulment or dissolution, focusing our attention on the salient issues which may include:
- Child custody
- Child and/or spousal support
- Division and allocation of community property
- Confirmation and award of separate property
- Asset tracing
- Reimbursements, credits, and offsets
- Division and allocation of debts
- Attorney fee contributions and awards
As an alternative to litigation and the courtroom, for resolving family law matters, we offer mediation services to our clients as an Alternate Dispute Resolution where the participating parties maintain full decision-making power to clarify issues and resolve conflicts. By offering mediation services we assist our clients in reaching a negotiated settlement of the issues involved in their family law matter without the cost, delay and acrimony often associated with contested litigation.
Decree Enforcement and Modification of Court Orders
We regularly provide services to interpret, enforce and/or modify family law judgments and orders.
To assure that the rights of our family law clients are protected and enforced, we use specific legal tools such as:
- Request for Orders
- Garnishments and execution of judgments
- Foreclosure of security interests
- Contempt proceedings
- Levy against property
We represent clients in both step-parent and independent adoptions.